Maxbotix manufacture many sensors which can withstand harsh outdoor conditions. When dust, moisture, or harsh handling of the ultrasonic sensor is unavoidable, then this Maxbotix MB7389 HRXL-MaxSonar-WRMT Outdoor Ultrasonic Sensor is ideal for your application.
Features of the weather resistant MB7389, HRXL-MaxSonar-WRMT, include millimeter resolution, short to long distance detection, range information from 300mm to 5000mm to the target with the largest acoustic return, a 6.7Hz read rate, and various output options: pulse-width, analog voltage, and TTL serial.
The MB7389 from the HRXL-MaxSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing which meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings (this product has multiple housing options available).
The HRXL-MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
The MB7389 is reports the distance to the largest acoustic return while ignoring smaller targets. When targets are of similar amplitude reflections, it gives preference to close targets. This gives users the flexibility to consistently detect larger targets in the presence of clutter and noise.
If the largest target is removed from the field of view, the MB7389 will switch to the target that gives the next largest detectable return. This filtering makes the MB7389 one of our most advanced sensors for the outdoor tank and bin applications.
In addition, the MB7389 offers virtually noise free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Note: This module doesn’t come with F-option(equips chemically inert material’s covering to the sensor) or P-option(applies Parylene coating on the Aluminum transducer) protection. To buy MB7389 HRXL-MaxSonar-WRMT Outdoor ultrasonic sensor with F-option or P-option please contact us at Robu.in support channel.
Full Horn Housing
|Key Shot||IGES File||ACIS 7.0 File||Solid Works Part|
|STL File||STEP File||ParaSolid Part|
- Internal temperature compensation
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 30cm typically range as 30cm
- Small, lightweight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, and ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for excellent noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather resistant (IP67)
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4-inch National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Long, narrow detection zone
- Our most advanced weather resistant, ultrasonic sensor
- Additional stability filter rejects anomalous readings
- Detects the largest signal return in the field of view
- Uses the complete dynamic range of the sensor, if no large targets are present the sensor will select the next smallest target in view
- Can be used to range large objects behind small obstructions
- Best sensor for bin and tank level measurements
- The maximum range of 500 cm (196 inches)
Package Includes :
1 x MB7389 HRXL-MaxSonar-WRMT Outdoor Ultrasonic Sensor
Sensor Selection, Setup, and Troubleshooting
Compatible Mounting Hardware:
MB7950 Mounting Hardware for Maxbotix Sonar Sensor