Looking for a thermal sensor that can detect your surround temperature? This IR thermal camera can not only measure the value of temperature around you but also display the thermal imaging figure. So it must be your best choice to monitor the temperature change from this tiny camera.
The IR thermal camera carries a 32×24 array of thermal sensors (MLX90640), it can detect the temperature of objects from feet away with the accuracy of ±1.5℃. In order to obtain the thermal image easily, the I2C protocol is used to get the low-resolution image from the camera. The FOV(Field of View) of this camera is 110°x75°, and the temperature measurement range is -40℃~300℃.
This module connects the MCU with the I2C interface. However, it needs an MCU that has over 20000 bytes of RAM to drive the camera. As a matter of fact, Dev board like Arduino Uno can not be used with this Sensor camera due to its lower ability of calculation. We recommend you to choose Arch Mix as an MCU to control the camera because it really has a good performance to process the complex data from the IR sensor camera.
- High precision non-contact temperature measurements.
- Intrusion / Movement detection.
- Presence detection / Person localization.
- The temperature sensing element for intelligent building air conditioning.
- Thermal Comfort sensor in automotive Air.
- Conditioning control system.
- Microwave ovens.
- Industrial temperature control of moving parts.
- Visual IR thermometers.
- IR Thermal Sensor Array 32X24(MLX90640).
- 110° x 75° FOV(field of view).
- Temperature measurement range: -40 ~ +300℃.
- I2C Grove interface.
1 x Grove Thermal Imaging Camera / IR Array MLX90640 110 degree.