Want to give reality to your creative ideas? But how is it possible when someone has less coding knowledge? Now, forget the obstacle of coding complexities, because we have Grove Inventor Kit for BBC micro:bit. The BBC micro:bit is designed for kids and beginners for learning how to program, letting them easily bring ideas into DIY digital games, interactive projects, and robotics; furthermore, there are numerous possibilities of creation you can dig out by micro:bit, from robots to musical instruments. micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that can easily realize your creativity without much electrical and coding knowledge. However, if you want to create more things, just 1 micro:bit is barely not enough, that’s why we are introducing the Grove Inventor Kit for micro:bit to you. This kit consists of Grove Shield, 8 modules, and 3 types of cable. All the required parts in just “one” kit!
The Grove Inventor Kit for micro:bit brings endless possibilities to your micro:bit. There is neither troublesome soldering nor any kind of complicated wiring so that you can focus only on learning. After all, your prototyping will be easier and much more convenient. Isn’t it wonderful! So, why wait? Buy now!
1. The output voltage of micro:bit is around 3.0V. Using a micro:bit or AA battery to power the circuit may cause malfunction of those Grove modules which requires high input voltage and drive current (e.g Grove – Ultrasonic Ranger). In order to make these kinds of Grove function well, please use the micro-USB port on Grove shield for micro:bit to power the circuit.
2. If you haven’t used micro:bit before, here is a basic tutorial for you to get started with micro:bit. The tutorial covers various topics. For example, fundamentals with the micro:bit, gesture recognition project, ultrasonic meter project, etc.
- Cool extension shield with rich and convenient peripherals
- 8 well-selected Grove modules for working with micro:bit
- Well documented instruction set
- 4 Grove ports on Shield to cover different interfaces
- Edge connectors for crocodile clip and 4mm banana plugs
- An on-board USB port to power up your micro:bit
- 12 awesome projects to let you get started quickly
In addition to the Grove Shield, the inventor kit comes with 8 grove modules: Rotary Angle Sensor(P), Speaker, Ultrasonic Ranger, Light Sensor v1.2, WS2812 Waterproof LED Strip – 30 LEDs 1 meter, Gesture Sensor, 4-Digit Display, and Red LED. Furthermore, Grove cable, Alligator cable, and Micro USB Cable – 48cm are also included in the kit. With these grove modules, you can measure distance and display it. Similarly, you can also use gestures to play different music or make a smart guard for your desk or room. All the necessary libraries (packages) are available for free download in the ATTACHMENT section. If you are a beginner, don’t worry, because there are 12 different projects with which you can learn step by step. If you are an advanced user, this kit will help you to make more creative projects.
You can get more information about the 8 Grove modules by clicking on each of them below.
|Grove – Rotary Angle Sensor||Grove – Speaker||Grove – Ultrasonic Ranger||Grove – Light Sensor v1.2|
|Grove – WS2812 Waterproof LED Strip – 30 LEDs 1 meter||Grove – Gesture Sensor v1.0||Grove – 4-Digit Display||Grove – Red LED|
1 x Grove Inventor Kit for micro:bit
1 x Grove Shield for micro:bit v2
1 x Grove – Rotary Angle Sensor (P)
1 x Grove – Speaker
1 x Grove – Ultrasonic Ranger
1 x Grove – Light Sensor v1.2
1 x Grove – WS2812 Waterproof LED Strip – 30 LEDs 1 meter
1 x Grove – Gesture
1 x Grove – 4-Digit Display
1 x Grove – Red LED
1 x Micro USB Cable – 48cm
1 x Manual of 12 projects
10 x Alligator Cable – 10 pcs
7 x Grove Cable – 7 pcs